The charity is supported by a variety of organisations as well as numerous individuals. The list includes:
- The Stationers Foundation
- Shepherds Bookbinding Ltd
- The Wiltshire Community Foundation
- Comic Relief
- The Norrie Trust
We aim to expand our list of supporters by encouraging firms that have a connection with bookbinding to add their support in one of two ways:
Sponsor an aspect of the charity (such as tuition) by providing the funds necessary to run it. It costs us in the region of £1000 to run an accredited five-day training course. Why not sponsor one or more courses, or sponsor a particular Veteran, or contribute to a specific item of workshop equipment?
An ever-expanding number of individuals and organisations are making unrestricted donations to the charity in order to allow us to set up and then run the training workshop at Woodborough. Any sum, both large and small will help directly in the care and rehabilitation of Veterans, and enable them to build their confidence and self-esteem right here in the Barn or as they progress to other employment.
- £15 would pay for the materials to run a Level 1 Introduction session for 4 Veterans.
- £150 would fund a bench-top finishing press (one per student Veteran required)
- £1,500 would fund a suitable second-hand standing press (one required for the training workshop)
- £15,000 would fund a vertical blocking press and typeset (one required for Intermediate Courses and follow-on skills training)
For details of how you can help this very worthy cause through either of the above schemes, please get in touch with us through the contacts page, or call to discuss options for support.